Pekin High School Eligibility Policy
The following eligibility policy will be implemented in the upcoming spring semester. Questions or concerns may be directed to Mr. Wood or Mr. Donovan at the high school office.
Interscholastic athletics and extra-curricular activities are integral components for the education of students. Pekin Schools strongly encourages all students to enhance their educational experience by participating in activities and athletics. Without question, the student's first obligation is successful completion of academic responsibilities. Interscholastic athletics and extra-curricular activities are open for participation to all students who meet the following requirements:
1) Grades will be checked on Wednesday morning of each week of the quarter starting in week number three.
2) To be eligible for extra-curricular activities, a student may not earn quarter grade of “F” in his/her academic classes.
3) Any student with any “F’s” will be considered ineligible from Monday to Sunday the following week; unless the student provides the principal or principal’s designee a teacher-signed note stating the student is now passing the related course(s) by noon of the school day on Friday of the same week.
4) It is the responsibility of the student to seek help in the subject areas failed and must provide proof of it to the principal or principal’s designee.
5) Students considered ineligible for the following week will be allowed to practice with the team, but are not allowed to participate in any type of performance or competition.
6) The district will follow the State of Iowa regulations on “No Pass, No Play” for the grading periods at the end of the 1st semester and 2nd semesters.
7) Exceptions to this policy will be made only under extreme circumstances or from errors in the grade book and will be at the discretion of the building principal or principal’s designee.