Middle & High School Announcements
MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Today is an A Day.
2. All High School students need to get on your email and vote for Homecoming King and Queen. Voting ends at .
3. Yearbook will be taking a group picture during dens today if you dressed up for pajama day. Please check in with your den teacher and then immediately report to the gym.
4. Any Junior or Senior that received a letter for National Honors Society: there will be an informational meeting regarding the application process during DENS in Ms. Lane's room. Direct any questions to Ms. Lane.
5. Yearbook will also be taking a photo of any new students or staff during dens on Wednesday.
6. There is a Community Service opportunity in the Hedrick area. They need help cleaning out a garage. Please contact: Mrs. Flannegan at 641-224-5840 if interested. This is a great way for you to pick up a few hours this weekend out in the nice weather that they are predicting.
7. Reminder to Juniors and Seniors - Keep selling the tickets for the Pekin Community Scholarship Fund (PCSF) Dinner and Auction which is . If you need more tickets, please see Christy. Also, please turn in any money from tickets sold and/or extra tickets to Christy by . If you did not get your tickets when they were handed out, please see Christy in the office for them. Please see Mrs. Millikin or Mrs. Glosser if you have any questions.
8. Seniors - please sign up in the office to help set up, serve and clean up at the PCSF Dinner and Auction that will be held on . See Mrs. Millikin or Mrs. Glosser with any questions.
9. Seniors will be selling Scratch Cupcakes starting for After Prom with delivery of the cupcakes on . Customers will choose from 20 frozen assorted cupcake 6-packs. The assorted packs include vegan and gluten free options as well.
10. There is a sign up sheet in the high school office for anyone wanting to compete in a tug of war competition during the homecoming pep rally. Teams need to be of 6 people. They can either sign up by themselves or a small group and Mrs. Pollock will combine into groups of 6 or if you have a group of 6 that will work as well. The last day to sign up is at .
11. Interested in minute-to-win-it eating contests? Test out your skills everyday during lunch next week. Sign up on the google doc that will be sent to you through email. Only 8 will be picked for each day and contest. Prizes for the winners!!
12. Today is the last day to order homecoming flowers for the dance. Corsages are $10 and Boots for the guys at $5. Flowers must be paid for when ordering.
13. Homecoming Picture Packets are available in the high school office.
14. If you are planning to bring an out of town guest or a guest that has already graduated to the Homecoming dance, please stop in and pick up an Activity Guest Registration Form. These forms must be signed and returned by .
15 The Senior Rising Ruritans are selling veterans shirts to help support their Wreaths Across America Project. The profits from the shirts will go towards sponsoring wreaths. The link to the online store is: https://stores.
16. Homecoming is this week!! The theme for this year’s homecoming is, “Home Sweet Homecoming”. Dress Up Days are: -Make Yourself at Home/PJ Day, -“Home”run/Sports Day, -Match your “Homies” (wear matching outfits with your friends), -Home Away From Home Day (dress like a tourist) and -There’s No Place Like Home (Pekin Pride Day).
17. Classes will be decorating golf carts today and after practice until
18. For anyone interested in purchasing a Bethanne Bracelet, please contact Shelbie Williams at email@example.com or by phone at 641-226-4302. The cost is $2 and a $1 of that will go back to the family.
19. The Pekin Ruritan Club has graciously volunteered to take over the Wreaths Across America Project for the upcoming year. Wreath Sponsorships are now on sale!!! The program will be slightly different this year. You can purchase a wreath sponsorship for $15 each. For each wreath sponsored, Wreaths Across America will give back $5 to the Pekin Ruritans to go towards their senior scholarships.
20. JV Football here with Cardinal.
21. Elementary (K-6) Pictures will be held . MS & HS (7-11) Pictures will be held on Thursday, October 4th. Picture packets should be here next week.
Menu for Today:
Chicken Tetrazzini, Peas, Baby Carrots, Blueberries, Diced Pears, WG Breadstick & Milk
Menu for :
Beef Nacho, Corn, Salsa, Refried Beans, Applesauce, Pineapple, WG Chex Mix & Milk