Middle & High School Announcements
MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday March 21, 2018
Today is an A day
No Late Bus.
There will be 2019 DC trip meeting @6:00 in the Media Center.
If you are going to be gone for Science Fair you do need to get your homework, but you do not need an admit.
The deadline for ordering 17/18 yearbooks is Thurs. Yearbooks are $20 and must be paid for by Thurs.
Food is not allowed on the playground! Please keep all food in the cafeteria.
Line up quietly outside when coming in from recess.
Please bring lunch money to the office this morning.
Lunch: Chicken strips, tri-tater, baby carrots, mixed fruit/apple slices, Goldfish crackers.
HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Today is an A Day.
2. Juniors, if you are interested in becoming a Ruritan Rising Senior next year, please see Mr. Hadley to be added to the application list.
3. The Pekin Girls & Boys Track Web Store is now open. The store will close early http://www.teamelitesports.
4. Prom Tickets are now on sale in the High School Office. The cost is $20 per person.
5. Pekin Preschool & Child Care Center will be having registration for the 2018-2019 school year on anytime from at the center. Anyone needing preschool must attend this registration. Children must be 4 years old by to attend preschool. This registration is for parents only. The daycare will also be registering for summer and the 2018-19 school year.
6. Yearbook needs Senior Questionnaires from the following seniors: Canyon Decker, Clayton Greiner, Kennedy Coleman and Linsey Talley.
7. Final call for ordering 2017-18 Pekin Elementary and Middle School Yearbooks. Anyone interested must pay $20 to Ms. Durley (Art and Yearbook teacher) by Thursday, March 22nd at 3:30 p.m. Yearbooks will no longer be available after this date.
8. CHANGE IN DATE: There has been a change in dates for the Spring Driver’s Ed Class. Classes will now start on Sunday, April 22nd through Wednesday, May 9th. Classes will be held openroaddriving.com. from 1-4, and from and from . There is still time to register online at
9. The following seniors are still in need of community service hours in order to graduate: Clayton Culp, Canyon Decker, Kaylee Honbarger, Elijah Sieren and Slater Williams. It is mandatory that these hours are met in order to graduate.
10. Senior Parents…After all you have done for your senior to help him or her get to their graduation, there is one more thing you could do to make this last year special. Preserve those baby years, the childhood memories, and past school days with a Senior Ad in this year’s yearbook. The cost is $20 and order forms can be picked up in the high school office. All ads, baby photos and money are due by April 1st, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Durley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. There will be an information meeting for 7th Grade Parents for next years Washington DC trip in the Media Center at
12. HS Boys Track at Albia starting at
13. ITBS Tests will be held through .
Menu for Today: Chicken Strips, Tri Tater, Baby Carrots, Mixed Fruit, Apple Slices, WG Goldfish & Milk
Menu for : Hamburger Patty on Bun, WG Cheese Sticks with Marinara, Baked Beans, Peas, Diced Pears, Raisels & Milk