Thursday, October 7, 2021
Today is an A Day.
Mark your calendars. We will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. on October 21st for the District Cross Country meet.
Happy Homecoming Week! The Junior class and it's sponsors would like to invite everyone to their Pekin Homecoming Photo Booths. There is one photo booth/backdrop outside of the central office and one outside of the science lab by Ms. Goudy's kitchen. Please stop by and take a selfie or picture with your friends each day throughout the week. Then share them with the yearbook staff. Have fun and remember to smile.
Anyone trying out for the dance team please stop by and see Mrs. Wittrock to pick up a tryout packet during dens, before school, or after school this week. Tryouts start next week. Anyone interested in trying out for dance team- practices will be held Oct 11th, 12th and 13th from 7am to 8am in the high gym and try outs will be on Oct.14th and 15th from 7am -8am in the same location. Mrs Wittrock will be holding an informational meeting for anyone interested next week during dens. If you have any questions please contact her.
Activity Guest Registration Forms are available in the high school office. Anyone bringing an out of town guest or a guest that has graduated must have a form filled out. Guests must not be over the age of 19 and not more than one year out of school. Exceptions must be approved by the high school principal.
6. Pekin Volleyball is selling Poinsettias. There is an order form in the high school office or orders can be placed with any volleyball player. All orders are due by October 29th and will be delivered to Pekin School on Friday, December 3rd.
7. The Cardinal Pekin Dust Devils Trap Shooting team will be hosting informational/parent meetings on October 18th (Cardinal Elementary School Safe Room) and October 19th (Pekin High School Commons) at 6:30 pm. At the meetings, we will cover the following:
Brief overview of our program
Q and A
Fall Fundraiser Information
All interested can attend either meeting. If you are unable to attend but would still like information or plan on participating, please contact Jill Silvers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-919-9097.
8. Hedrick is holding their 1st Annual Hedrick Fall Festival on October 16th. They are looking for volunteers to help. They will have seven carnival games going from 11-5, bounce houses running from 10-6, pumpkin painting from 11-6 plus set up. This is a great opportunity for community service hours. If you are interested, contact Ashley at the City Clerk’s office at 641-653-4914.
9. Pekin FFA will be holding their 10th Annual Beef Extravaganza Tailgate Cook Off on Friday, October 8, 2021. Each participant will prepare a sample for each of the judges. They will also show their school spirit in their tailgate area! Awards will be presented. To enter contact Juston Lamb by October 7th at email@example.com. No entry needed to tailgate only-just show up, set up, and show your spirit. This event is being sponsored by H&M Farm and Home, Packwood Locker, Pekin FFA and Jefferson County Cattlemen.
10. Varsity Volleyball Tournament tonight at Pekin starting at 5 p.m. Both gyms will be used.
11. JH Football here with Central Lee today starting at 5 p.m.
12. HS/MS Conference Cross Country at Wapello starting at 4:30 p.m. High School will dismiss at 1:50 p.m. today. Middle School will dismiss at 2 p.m.
13. Homecoming Football game will begin at 7 p.m. on Friday. This will also be senior night for Cross Country, Band, Football and Cheer. Seniors and their parents will need to line up at 6:20 NW Corner of the field. Homecoming Court will be introduced following that.
ALL 9-12 students MUST pick up their lunch in the elementary cafeteria regardless of where you plan to eat. If you are eating lunch in a high school classroom you still have to pick up your lunch in the elementary cafeteria.
Students are no longer allowed to go out to their cars during the day. Please make sure you are bringing everything in with you in the morning including PE clothes, chargers, lunch, etc.
The Middle School Yearbook will now be combined with the High School Yearbook.
To order a 7-12 Yearbook go to jostensyearbooks.com and find My School/Group Store. Make sure that you select Pekin Packwood High School, Packwood, IA (This includes JH Parents). Then shop for the 2022 Yearbook. Order early for the best rate. Elementary Yearbooks can also be ordered online now.
Coronation will be held on Saturday, October 9th at 7 p.m. with the dance to follow from 8-11 p.m.
Thursday: Home Volleyball Tournament. HS/MS Cross Country at Conference Cross Country Meet at Wapello.
Friday: Early out schedule; parade at 1:45; pep rally 2:30-3:30. FFA Cook-off.
Saturday: Coronation at 7 p.m. with the dance to follow from 8-11 p.m.
Menu for Today: Spaghetti with Meatballs, Cheesy Green Beans, Romaine Salad, Applesauce, Tropical Fruit, Breadsticks & Milk