Monday, October 11, 2021
- Today is an A Day.
- There is a late bus today @5:45.
- Congratulations to this year’s homecoming king and queen: Zack Wise and Adalia Keith!
- NHS applications are due tomorrow by 4:00 to Christy in the secondary office. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Mark your calendars. We will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. on October 21st for the District Cross Country meet.
- There will be a brief Jr. Class meeting during dens on Monday in the Elementary Cafeteria to discuss the Career Day trip to SCC.
- FFA Officers will have a meeting during dens on Tuesday.
- PSAT test will be held on Wednesday, October 13th from 8:30-1:00 p.m. in the Media Center.
- There will be an ASVAB pre talk for the Sophomore Class and any Juniors that signed up on Wednesday during Dens in the High School Commons.
- The ASVAB Test will be held on Thursday October 14th from 8:30-10:30 a.m. in the Media Center.
- Anyone interested in trying out for dance team- practices will be held Oct 11th, 12th and 13th from 7am to 8am in the high gym and try outs will be on Oct.14th and 15th from 7am -8am in the same location. Mrs Wittrock will be holding an informational meeting for anyone interested next week during dens. If you have any questions please contact her.
- Pekin Volleyball is selling Poinsettias. There is an order form in the high school office or orders can be placed with any volleyball player. All orders are due by October 29th and will be delivered to Pekin School on Friday, December 3rd.
- School Board Meeting on Monday starting at 6 p.m.
- Junior Class field trip to SCC Career Day on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- JV Football here with Lynnville-Sully tonight starting at 6 p.m.
- FS/JV/V Volleyball at Wapello on Tuesday starting at 5 p.m.
- Cross Country at Cedar Crest Country Club at Columbus Junction on Tuesday starting at 4:30 p.m.
- JH Football at Highland on Thursday starting at 5 p.m.
- Cross Country at Mediapolis on Thursday starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Varsity Football at Highland on Friday starting at 7 p.m.
- JH State Cross Country at Ankeny on Saturday.
- State Marching Band Contest at Pella on Saturday.
1. The Middle School Yearbook will now be combined with the High School Yearbook.
To order a 7-12 Yearbook go to jostensyearbooks.com and find My School/Group Store. Make sure that you select Pekin Packwood High School, Packwood, IA (This includes JH Parents). Then shop for the 2022 Yearbook. Order early for the best rate. Elementary Yearbooks can also be ordered online now.
2. Hedrick is holding their 1st Annual Hedrick Fall Festival on October 16th. They are looking for volunteers to help. They will have seven carnival games going from 11-5, bounce houses running from 10-6, pumpkin painting from 11-6 plus set up. This is a great opportunity for community service hours. If you are interested, contact Ashley at the City Clerk’s office at 641-653-4914.
3. The Cardinal Pekin Dust Devils Trap Shooting team will be hosting informational/parent meetings on October 18th (Cardinal Elementary School Safe Room) and October 19th (Pekin High School Commons) at 6:30 pm. At the meetings, we will cover the following:
Brief overview of our program
Q and A
Fall Fundraiser Information
All interested (6th-12th grade) can attend either meeting. If you are unable to attend but would still like information or plan on participating, please contact Jill Silvers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-919-9097.
Menu for today: Pepperoni pizza, corn, diced peaches, fruit juice cup.
Menu for tomorrow: Chicken & noodles, mashed potatoes, California blend veggies, mandarin oranges, Craisins, cinnamon rolls.