2nd Grade News
The year is off to a great start! This year we have three sections of second grade. The teachers are Mrs. Bradshaw, Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Neff. As we continue to get into daily routines, here are a few things we would like to discuss:
- As the year continues, students will be bringing math homework home every night, except for Fridays. Please take the time to help your student go over their homework. On the onset of each unit, a family letter will be sent home.
- Students will be bringing home a spelling contract each week as well. Please practice their words with them and sign the bottom so they can bring it back on Friday.
- Check the snack calendar that is sent home to know when your child is responsible for providing a snack.
- Reading is a very important subject for second graders. We encourage each student to read for 15 minutes each night.
- Please make sure students are dressed appropriately each day. Students should wear covered shoes everyday, no flip-flops please.
We want to encourage you to communicate with your child. Ask them what they learned at school, or what their favorite part of the day was. We believe that open communication between students and parents is key to successful learning.
Mrs. Bradshaw, Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Neff