Friday, October 1, 2021
Today is a B Day.
Late Bus leaves at 5:20.
No School on Monday due to In-Service.
8th gr. Pop fundraiser is due to Mr. Hoffman on Wednesday.
Mark your calendars. We will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. on October 21st for the District Cross Country meet.
Congratulations to this year's homecoming court: Mia Clark, Makenzie Dahlstrom, Sarah Eubanks, Adalia Keith, Baylee Lamansky, Taylor Sylvester, Colton Comstock, Quinton Gaines, Rich Nissen, KJ Rohr, Chandler Stull, and Zack Wise.
There will be an 8th-grade, 10th-grade, and 12th-grade meeting during dens to plan for homecoming hallway decorating. 8th-graders report to the art room. 10th-graders report to Mrs. Wittrock's room, and 12th-graders report to the gym. ALL students must check in with their den teacher before going.
Homecoming decorating will begin on Sunday. We will work from 2-5 PM. Another opportunity to decorate will be on Monday from 3:30-6:30. 9-12th-graders can begin filming their class videos at this time as well. Contact Ms. Lane if you have any questions.
Panther fans...sign up for our Homecoming drawing!! $25 per ticket, which get you a Pekin Booster’s membership and puts you in a drawing for reserved seating behind the north goal post for the varsity Homecoming football game!! Think comfy seating and free snacks and drinks delivered by our own superintendent, Mr. Hatfield! Already signed up for Boosters? We will automatically put you in the drawing! Winner will be picked Wednesday night of Homecoming week. Tickets will be sold at the varsity game this Friday night October 1st and the home JV football game Monday evening, October 4th. Go Panthers!!
Activity Guest Registration Forms are available in the high school office. Anyone bringing an out of town guest or a guest that has graduated must have a form filled out. Guests must not be over the age of 19 and not more than one year out of school. Exceptions must be approved by the high school principal.
11. Mr. Lamb will be doing homecoming flowers again this year. Corsages will be a white carnation with a choice of ribbon color. Boots will be a white carnation. There is a sign up sheet in the high school office. All orders are due by October 5, 2021.
12. Anyone interested in trying out for dance team- practices will be held Oct 11th, 12th and 13th from 7am to 8am in the high gym and try outs will be on Oct.14th and 15th from 7am -8am in the same location. Mrs Wittrock will be holding an informational meeting for anyone interested next week during dens. If you have any questions please contact her.
13. Hedrick is holding their 1st Annual Hedrick Fall Festival on October 16th. They are looking for volunteers to help. They will have seven carnival games going from 11-5, bounce houses running from 10-6, pumpkin painting from 11-6 plus set up. This is a great opportunity for community service hours. If you are interested, contact Ashley at the City Clerk’s office at 641-653-4914.
14. Pekin FFA will be holding their 10th Annual Beef Extravaganza Tailgate Cook Off on Friday, October 8, 2021. Each participant will prepare a sample for each of the judges. They will also show their school spirit in their tailgate area!Awards will be presented. To enter contact Juston Lamb by October 7th at email@example.com. No entry needed to tailgate only-just show up, set up, and show your spirit. This event is being sponsored by H&M Farm and Home, Packwood Locker, Pekin FFA and Jefferson County Cattlemen.
15. All Volleyball Jacket orders and money are due today.
16.HS Football here with Lisbon tonight starting at 7 p.m. This will be a Pink Out Game. Ruritans will be serving sandwiches.
17. MS Band to Oktoberfest in Ottumwa on Saturday.
18.HS Band to the Davis County Music Festival on Saturday.
19. JH Volleyball at Mediapolis on Monday starting at 4:30 p.m.
20.JV Football here on Monday with Lisbon starting at 6 p.m.
21. HS Volleyball here on Tuesday with Mediapolis starting at 5:30 p.m.
ALL 9-12 students MUST pick up their lunch in the elementary cafeteria regardless of where you plan to eat. If you are eating lunch in a high school classroom you still have to pick up your lunch in the elementary cafeteria.
Students are no longer allowed to go out to their cars during the day. Please make sure you are bringing everything in with you in the morning including PE clothes, chargers, lunch, etc.
The Middle School Yearbook will now be combined with the High School Yearbook. To order a 7-12 Yearbook go to jostensyearbooks.com and find My School/Group Store. Make sure that you select Pekin Packwood High School, Packwood, IA (This includes JH Parents). Then shop for the 2022 Yearbook. Order early for the best rate. Elementary Yearbooks can also be ordered online now.
Menu for Today: Baked potato, cheese sauce, ham, broccoli, pineapple tidbits, orange wedges, cookie.
Menu for Tuesday: Tater tot casserole, peas, baby carrots, diced pears, blueberries, and Hawaiian rolls.
Dress-Up Days for Pekin's Carnival on the Boardwalk Homecoming
Tuesday: Dress like a Teacher/Student/Adult Day
- Students dress like a teacher or adult in their lives and Teachers/Staff dress up like students!
Wednesday: Twin Day
- Coordinate with a friend to be twins!
Thursday: Circus/Costume Day (Secondary ONLY)
- Dress in your favorite costume or circus outfit! Remember to follow the dress code.
Thursday: Circus Animal Day (Elementary)
- Dress in your favorite animal print clothing, no costumes
Friday: Spirit Day
- Dress in your best school spirit clothes - show everyone what it means to be a Panther!
Coronation will be held on Saturday, October 9th at 7 p.m. with the dance to follow from 8-11 p.m.
Sunday: Homecoming decorating and filming of class videos from 2-5 p.m.
Monday: Homecoming decorating and filming of class videos from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: Students are having a PRIDE night from 7-9 p.m. where they will have Iron Man Volleyball and Powder Puff football.
Thursday: Home Volleyball Tournament.
Friday: Early out schedule; parade at 1:45; pep rally 2:30-3:30. FFA Cook-off.
Saturday: Coronation at 7 p.m. with the dance to follow from 8-11 p.m.