Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Today is an A Day.
There is a late bus today @5:45.
Mark your calendars. We will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. on October 21st for the District Cross Country meet.
Pekin Student Council is hosting a blood drive on Wednesday, October 20th in the secondary gym. Appointments will occur during the day from 10 AM through 2 PM. Please see a student council member or email Ms. Lane to schedule your appointment or if you have any questions.
There is a sign up sheet in Marla's office for JH Girls Basketball Cheerleading. If you are interested you need to sign up by Monday, October 18th.
There will be a JH boys basketball camp on Nov. 20th & Dec. 4th. More information in Marla’s office.
There will be an ASVAB pre-talk for the Sophomore Class and any Juniors that signed up, today during Dens in the High School Commons.
The ASVAB Test will be held on Thursday October 14th from 8:30-10:30 a.m. in the Media Center.
FCCLA Meeting in Ms. Goudy’s den on Thursday. Anyone interested in being in FCCLA, sign up in the high school office.
Please clean up Homecoming decorations in the hallways this week. It is not the janitor's job to do that.
Anyone interested in trying out for dance team- practices will be held Oct 11th, 12th and 13th from 7am to 8am in the high gym and try outs will be on Oct.14th and 15th from 7am -8am in the same location.
Pekin Volleyball is selling Poinsettias. There is an order form in the high school office or orders can be placed with any volleyball player. All orders are due by October 29th and will be delivered to Pekin School on Friday, December 3rd.
Junior Class field trip to SCC Career Day on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to noon.
The Cross Country team traveled to Columbus Jct. last night. They won the overall Team Title. The girls got 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 places with Lauren Steigleder winning overall for the girls and Zack Wise winning overall for the boys.
JH Football at Highland on Thursday starting at 5 p.m.
Cross Country at Mediapolis on Thursday starting at 4:30 p.m.
Varsity Football at Highland on Friday starting at 7 p.m.
JH State Cross Country at Ankeny on Saturday.
State Marching Band Contest at Pella on Saturday.
- The Middle School Yearbook will now be combined with the High School Yearbook.
and find My School/Group Store. Make sure that you select Pekin Packwood High School, Packwood, IA (This includes JH Parents). Then shop for the 2022 Yearbook. Order early for the best rate. Elementary Yearbooks can also be ordered online now.
2. Hedrick is holding their 1st Annual Hedrick Fall Festival on October 16th. They are looking for volunteers to help. They will have seven carnival games going from 11-5, bounce houses running from 10-6, pumpkin painting from 11-6 plus set up. This is a great opportunity for community service hours. If you are interested, contact Ashley at the City Clerk’s office at 641-653-4914.
3. The Cardinal Pekin Dust Devils Trap Shooting team will be hosting informational/parent meetings on October 18th (Cardinal Elementary School Safe Room) and October 19th (Pekin High School Commons) at 6:30 pm. At the meetings, we will cover the following:
- Brief overview of our program
- Q and A
- Registration process
- Fall Fundraiser Information
Menu for today: Mini corn dogs, French fries, baked beans, pineapple tidbits, orange wedges.
Menu for tomorrow: Bar-B-Q rib patty on bun, broccoli, baby carrots, diced pears, mango pieces, chips.